[This one is a special treat, having been printed out -- not from my e-mail -- but from the OLD Greytalk Archive website. So here is a chance to see what it looked like back in 2005, along with an early take on the pantheon I worked out for South Province (and wrote about much better later for Canonfire!).]
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 20:41:08 -0700 Reply-to: The GREYtalk Discussion List Sender: The GREYtalk Discussion List From: Chris Jarvis Subject: [GREYTALK] The Kings & Queens of Keoland: a long list X-To: Greyhawk List To: GREYTALK@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Okay, for everyone who wants to know what the future holds. And because I am getting deathly tired of writing the account of each individual monarch here is the big list.
A couple of notes: 1. Queen V'andree Z'entrull ruled Keoghland up until around OR 367 when she was ousted in the Great Rebellion. For about thirty years nobody was really in charge until Lord Jukka D'avros crowning himself king.
2. King Stiggur was not a nice person. He was fond of poison, surrounded himself with a cadre of killers and assassins, and generally had anyone who disagreed with him murdered. He was poisoned by members of the Angadral.
3. King Garridan was mad. He had most of his children drowned or set on fire. He went through about six wives. He was removed from the throne by the Angadral and was the last of the D'avros monarchs.
4. King Tavish I is credited with beginning Keolish imperialism. The Imperial might of Keoland reached its height under King Mhardos II. And pretty much ended with the death of King Tavish III at the Siege of Westkeep.
5. By the time Tavish IV came to the throne, everybody was pissed. He did his best to hold onto the crown but in OR 1125 died under an assassin's blade. Chaos reigned for about five years following his death.
6. From OR 1130 till OR 1168 a series of generals, mercenaries, and riff-raff attempted to hold the Black Lion Throne.
7. The Korie Dynasty came to the throne on the end of E'mund's spear in OR 1168. They held the throne until the untimely death of King Risto in OR 1208.
8. King Risto left behind him four sons, a fifth was born after his death. The oldest, Emrick, was only nine. And while the Angardral supported the Korie line, none were willing to risk the throne on one so young. The Angardral appointed Risto's chancellor as regent for the young prince. In OR 1215, on the eve of his coronation, Prince Emrick was struck down by an envenomed assassin's arrow. He died rather quickly and a fraction of Addathian Nationalists were blamed. Later that same year the thirteen year old Prince Just was killed in a hunting accident in the Axewood. In OR 1217, the twelve year old Prince Mathe drowned while boating on the Sheldomar. In OR 1221 the fifteen year old Prince Pitar was kidnapped by brigands and vanished into the Hool Marshes. In OR 1222, only the fourteen year old Prince Alric remains. This is the year in which my campaign is set-is the boy going to make it? What do you think?
The Kings and Queens of Keoland
Dynasty Ruler Crowned Life span Notes
Keogh Brand Keogh 125 100-160 Founder of Keoghland
Rogan Keogh 160 104-171 Younger brother of Brand
Killian Keogh 171 123-197 Son of Rogan
Sean Keogh 197 172-220 Grandson of Brand
Ronan Keogh 220 195-232 Son of Sean
Merant Keogh 232 215-241 Son of Ronan
Adrich Keogh 241 220-250 Son of Ronan
Ore'elos Druthox Al'Gra 250 130-274 Great Thamauturj of the Suel
La'ktar Phaulka 277 248-285
Du'ath S'sorkya 285 245-322
Korvee U'mothrok 322 230-330 First Witch-Queen
T'shim Valtross 330 270-352
J'arkor F'flokno 352 245-361
V'andree Z'entrull 361 340-? Witch-Queen
D'avros Jukka D'avros 392 352-420
Arto D'avros 415 372-437 Son of Jukka
Jussi D'avros I 437 403-440 Son of Arto
O'tuomo D'avros 440 381-472 Son of Jussi I
Jussi D'avros II 472 441-501 Great-grandson of Jussi I
Kosti D'avros 501 492-585 Boy king, Grandson of Jussi II
Mander D'avros 575 562-577 Boy king, Great-grandson of Kosti
Tobbar D'avros 577 559-582 Great-grandson of Kosti
Simon D'avros 582 550-602 Great-grandson of Kosti
Emalia D'avros-Restin 602 581-605 Queen, daughter of Simon
Dagga D'avros-Polasin 605 581-640 Queen, daughter of Simon
Stiggur D'avros 640 610-652 Son of Emalia
Garridan D'avros 652 622-694 Younger brother of Stiggur, Mad King
Restlin Belgran Restlin 674 632-691 Proclaimed king by Council
Ivor Restlin 691 670-730 Son of Belgran
Tyvan Restlin 730 719-742 Boy king, Son of Ivor
Gregor Restlin 742 730-765 Boy king, Grandson of Ivor
Mhardos Restlin I 765 731-826 Son of Mhardos I
Faetor Restlin 802 751-826 Son of Mhardos I
Wolstan Restlin 826 810-853 Boy king, Grandson of Faetor
Khelvan Restlin I 853 821-907 Grandson of Faetor
Tavish Restlin I 900 880-945 Great-grandson of Wolstan
Khelvan Restlin II 945 922-981 Grandson of Tavish I
Tavish Restin II 981 960-992 Son of Khelvan II
Mhardos Restin II 992 975-1010 Son of Tavish II
Stephan Restin 1010 990-1034 Son of Mhardos II
Tavish Restin III 1034 1010-1097 Son of Stephan
Tavish Restin IV 1097 1080-1125 Great-grandson of Tavish III
Pretender Kings Caspian V'adda Roarke 1130 1107-1132 Pirate and amge
Grayson Iron Stark 1142 1101-1145 Mercenary captain
Subj: Re: [GREYTALK] GH WARS Date: 98-08-04 17:07:18 EDT From: froon@HOL.FR (Patric Forno) Sender: GREYTALK@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (The GREYtalk Discussion List) Reply-to: GREYTALK@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (The GREYtalk Discussion List) To: GREYTALK@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Hello Jason, Roger and the list,
-- Message d’origine – >If you’d like to discuss the events of the Greyhawk Wars with someone and >work on it as a team, I’d certainly be willing to bounce ideas back and >forth with you. In particular, I’m very interested in the chronology of the >Fall of the Sea Princes for my _Saga of Saltmarsh_. >
Jason, I wanted to answer you privately, but I thought I might get helped better if I mailed the whole GH community. After all, GH is there for this purpose !
I also mailed this to Roger Moore, because I suspect him of having want I want (an Official GH WARS Timeline).
Sorry, nothing on the Sea Princes from me (there is close to nothing concerning dates in the official material).
I have an enormous problem with the GH WARS : I think the wars lasted from 582 to 585, and it is very confusing for me.
The reason for the confusion is the following :
-Goodmonth 584 : Aerdy nuked Almor & Chathold (WARS, 19 Ivid the Undying). The Month of Goodmonth is written in one of those sources, certainly WARS. It must be 584 because the raid from Osson must be in 583 (cannot be in 582 because the whole Vatun affair started in the fall of 582), and Osson is said to “winter” in the Medegia IIRC, with Ivid’s army on the other side of the border, waiting him. So it seems that the crushing of Almor was next year (so 584).
-Later it is told that Ivid V took the leadership of his armies, thinking the Almorian success was due to his strategic skills. He then entered Nyrond and is repelled. He is said to command from Rauxes, using spells and device, and this is a disaster. [IMO, TSR assumes this to happen in the fall of 584 (though this is written anywhere)].
-Then we learn that Ivid is slain during Richfest (not told which year) (WARS,21). As the story is told it is meant to be after the fall of Almor. But Richfest is BEFORE Goodmonth, so the assassination of Ivid V must be in Richfest 585 !!!
So the meeting at Greyhawk must be in Harvester 585, not 584 and the Day of the Great Signing must be in Coldeven 586, not 585. What a mess….
I can’t believe what I’ve just written, and I think it is false, but I would like to know WHERE it is false.
Maybe it is the fall of Almor who is in Goodmonth 583, and not 584 ? I don’t know, and all this WARS affair begins to get me mad !!!!
That’s why I would like to have an OFFICIAL Timeline for the WARS, and I don’t even ask for a monthly one (it would be good anyway), just an EXACT yearly one would suffice !!!!
I don’t ask for a telling of the WARS as the one in the WARS Boxed Set, I would like to see a TIMELINE. I was very confused by the telling of the whole story in the WARS Boxed Set, and even more confused with all errors that slipped in WGR4 and WGR5 about the WARS. For example, WGR5 p 4 tells that the breaking of Chendl’s siege was in Fall 584, but I can’t believe that Chendl has been besieged for a full year (the siege began in 583, isn’t it ?).
I hope Roger has one.
-------------- Patrice Forno – Marseille – France firstname.lastname@example.org Les Fauconniers Gris (email@example.com) Liste de diffusion sur Greyhawk (Oerth@rmm.fr)
Thin Greyhawk Page : http://wwwperso.hol.fr/~froon/GH/FrGRey.htm French WiF Page : http://wwwperso.hol.fr/~froon/WiF/wif.htm
Jacques Villeneuve Champion du Monde avec B.A.R. !!! Go Jacques Go !!!